The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) integrates all of the textile processing stages, from the fibre to the finished product: the raw fibre must be organic farming certified and all the manufacturing processes involved must be inspected. The aim of this standard is to guarantee the traceability, the use of chemical friendly with the environment and the consumer’s health, to ensure a quality system, a reduction of energy and to respect some social criteria.
Two labels exist for this standard according to the composition of the product to be certified:
- Organic textiles: it requires 95% minimum of fibres coming from organic agriculture (with 5% maximum of synthetic or artificial fibres).
- Textiles containing organic fibres: it requires 70% minimum of fibres coming from organic agriculture (with 10% maximum of synthetic or artificial fibres, this threshold to 25% for footwear and sportswear and 30% for recycled, made from organic raw material or substainable fibers ).
If you wish to be certified or want to know more about our offer, please contact us.
In order to haste the certification process you can already look at the following documents:
- The Ecocert organic and ecological textile certification brochure including GOTS standard
- The English version of the GOTS standard (also available on the GOTS website)
- The GOTS manual for implementation containing clarifications and interpretations of specific criteria.
- The GOTS licensing & labelling guide where you will find details on the GOTS logo use.
- The GOTS Application form (to be completed and returned for a quote)
- The list of products to certify (to be completed and returned for a quote)
- The GOTS certification process
- The Labelling Guide for GOTS certified products
- The rules of reference to certification
For more information about the GOTS standard, please visit the Global Standard website.