Ecocert ICO can help you ship your USDA NOP certified organic product to Korea!
As of July 1, 2014, the U.S. has an organic equivalence arrangement with Korea for organic processed foods. This means that, as long as the terms of the arrangement are met, certified organic operations in Korea or in the U.S. may sell their products as organic in either country.
The arrangement covers products which:
- Are certified to the USDA or Korean organic regulations
- Are “processed products” as defined by the Korean Food Code | View Guidance
- Contain at least 95 percent organic ingredients
- Have their final processing (as defined in the Korean Food Code) occur in the U.S. or Korea
- U.S. products: do not contain apples or pears produced with the use of antibiotics
- Korean products: do not contain livestock products produced with the use of antibiotics
Documentation – U.S. Organic Products. Products exported to Korea under the arrangement must be accompanied by: NAQS Import Certificate of Organic Processed Foods signed by Ecocert ICO
U.S. operations should inform Ecocert ICO that they wish to ship products to Korea by sending in the completed application form, along with the invoice and BOL for the shipment.
Ecocert ICO will complete the NAQS Import Certificate of Organic Processed Foods, and return them to the operator for inclusion with their shipment of organic products.
The documentation must include this statement: “Certified in compliance with the terms of the US-Korea Organic Equivalency Arrangement.”
Documentation – Korean Organic Products. Products exported to the U.S. under the arrangement must be accompanied by: NOP Import Certificate, issued by a Korean Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (MAFRA)-accredited certification body.
U.S. labeling Requirements. Korean products processed under the terms of the arrangement must be labeled according to USDA organic labeling requirements and may display the USDA organic seal and/or Korean organic food label.
Korean Labeling Requirements. U.S. products produced under the arrangement must be labeled according to MAFRA’s organic labeling requirements and may display the Korean organic food label and/or USDA organic seal.